A series of clamps are used to glue and close a series of top cracks.
A new bass bar and a series of cleets over cracks have been added to this repair.
On this repair cleets are shown over a center crack on a violin top.
A lower bout seam opening is being glued and clamped.
Hershey Violins Professional Repair Services
In addition to making hand crafted instruments, Hershey Violins performs all major and minor repair services on the string instrument family.
From tonal adjustments to the more complex restoration projects, Hershey Violins approaches repairs with the same professional level of care as our instrument making. This assures your instrument repair will sound, play and look great, when you receive it back from our shop.
These specialized services include but, are not limited to:
- sound post cutting and fitting
- post and bridge adjustment for proper tone
- bridges carved and fitted
- pegs carved and fitted
- carved nuts and saddles
- fingerboards planed and cambered
- neck resets for correct projection
- open seams and blocks glued
- varnish restoration
- carving a new bass bar
Advanced Repairs and Restoration:
- broken necks and resets
- neck grafts
- restore splits or cracks on the inside of instruments
- back and top plates restored using rubber and plaster casting molds
- hand varnish restoration
- cleaning and compounding the instrument
- rib restoration, including patches, linen, and doubling
- bone and ivory tips
- frog and end screw repairs
- sterling silver and gold windings
- leather thumb grips
- mother of pearl inlays and eyes
- spline restoration